- Quito Airport to Quito Airport: Dates are Flexible as per group or Individuals
- Duration: 7 Days
- Day time: 5°C to 15°C
- Morning/night: -5°C to 5°C
- Multi Day Treks & Sightseeing
- Grade: Easy to Moderate
- Altitude: 10,000 ft to 19,350 ft
- Per Person
- Luxury: ₹2,20,000.00
- Superior: ₹1,50, 000.00
- Standard: ₹1,10,000.00
- Arrive in Quito
- Pick up from the Airport
- Day 1 will totally depend on time of arrival; this day is described supposing that they arrive in the morning. Arriving at the airport, guests will be driven to their hotels and settled until lunch. Lunch will be served at: “Mitad al Mundo” (Middle of the world), where they can eat the traditional guinea pig if desired or other traditional food. Then we will bring them to the Ecuador’s mythic statue honoring the geologist’s discovery of what they thought was the middle of the world.
- The second spot is the actual middle of the world, a few meters next to the touristic place, where travelers will learn scientific facts about the power of the earth, through the equator. They will for example put an egg on a nail, where it will stand more easily thanks to the gravity difference that exists right on the equator line.
- After this journey, we will take the guests for another cultural dinner, and then let them rest in their hotel.
- Otavalo, Peguche
- This region hosts one of the biggest indigenous market in South America. We will walk through hundreds of artisanal products, full of colors and culture.
- Getting back to nature, the afternoon is dedicated to Peguche. This huge waterfall is praised during religious celebration. Peguche is entirely part of the indigenous culture. It is an incredible gift from nature to be admire from any side (and we know one hidden path!).
- Guests will take one of the highest cable car in the world, that will bring them
12, 943 ft high, to start their ascension up to Pichincha Volcano (15 413 feet high). There they can admire the capital of Ecuador: Quito. Indeed, this volcano is right next to the city, and offers an amazing panoramic view. The path gets tighter and tighter when getting closer to the top, which adds an intensified feeling to this trek.
Advanced group: taken to the top of the Pichincha.
Starters group: Go around the mountain, discovering some caves and admiring
different point of view.
- Once the group is reunited, they will have the choice to ride a bike down the Pichincha or take back the cable car. Lunch will be eaten during the trek and travelers will then be driven to their hotel.
- Visitors will walk to the heart of the Quilotoa crater (12 841 feet high), made from a volcano, and discover it in a unique way: by kayaking on its lake!
- Camping in Quilotoa lake is totally possible for this night or you can head back to your hotel. We will drive to Baños, where everyone can get a much deserved rest at the hotel after these strenuous days of hiking.
- Who never dreamt of a swing into the void?
La casa del Arbol (the tree house) will make their dream comes true, with this swing and a bunch of other activities (ziplines, balanced displayed as a wooden log up to the water, etc…).
- After this breathtaking view, travelers will walk deep into the forest to reach and admire the huge waterfall: Pailon del diablo and know more about its fascinating story. On the way there, they will see different waterfall, and impressive bridges that leads to them.
- Students will be taken to a local dinner, before experiencing a ceremony of rituals by indigenous communities.
- Then students will then head back to the hotel to rest after this adventurous day.
- Guests will start the day in the best way: doing rafting along a river!
- Next, regarding guest’s preferences, they will be split into 2 groups:
Adventurous group: They will be going to “Parque de Aventura” (adventure park),offering ziplines, wall climbing, a moving bridge and many other outdoor adventurous activities.
- Nature lovers group:
The second group will be taken to a wonderful waterfall tour, horseback riding and an easy mountain hike to be fulfilled by Ecuador’s nature.
- After this the guests will be driven back to Quito.
- Your Program Ends Today
- Time to fly home! Depending on what time the flight is we can
show the guests more about Quito (Metropolitan park, or Centro Historico for example).
1. Stay: Stay on all days of the program is included in the trek fee.
2. Transport: Transport from Airport to the entire length of the program until the drop to the airport on the last day is arranged by us at no extra cost. No service tax is applicable on transport cost.
3. Pick-up: Participants are picked up from the Quito Airport. Most participants opt for the Roads & Journeys pick up and we assume the same in your case. In case you do not want the Roads & Journeys pick up you will have to make your own travel arrangements.