- Aru to Sumbal
21st July-27th July
- Duration: 7 Days
- 6 Nights 7 Days
- Day time: 5°C to 15°C
- Morning/night: 0°C to 5°C
- Altitude-12,449 ft
Nearest Road head-Aru close to Pahalgam
Best Season-July to September
- Approx Trekking Km :- 33 Kms.
- Per person: ₹13, 000.00
- Day 1:
Arrive at Srinagar and start the journey to Aru by 2 pm and drive via Anantnag. We will cover this 100 odd KMS in about 3-4 hours and arrive at Aru base camp (7,958 ft)
- Day 2:
Aru to Lidderwat (9,131 ft); (9.5 km, 6 hours). We will walk past Gujjar settlements, pine forests, open grasslands and finally arrive at Lidderwat meadows. The walk today is gentle with a few climbs. The Liderwat meadows will take your breath away and this will seem a destination straight out of a postcard. Enjoy walking on the beautiful stretch of meadows. We will camp here or the night.
- Day 3: Lidderwat to Tarsar (12,449 ft) and explore Tarsar (10 km, 9 hours). We start early today to go past Shekwas (9,131 ft) and reach Tarsar by late afternoon. Today’s walk is a dream like affair. There are wonderful views that you will witness. There are ascends with few level walks via grasslands until you get the first glimpse of Tarsar. This is where you will race to the shore of the most beautiful lake in the surroundings. The waters are turquoise blue fed by the melting snow. We camp here for the night.
- Day 4:
Tarsar to Sundarsar(12998 ft) (5 km, 5 hours). Although Sundersar is not as big as Tarsar it is still a beautiful lake surrounded by millions of flowers. Intially it is a steep ascent followed by gentle descend and finally an uphill to the campsite. The walk today through the meadows will turn you into a poet. It is here you will witness lush green meadows and a blue sky with mountains surrounding you. You can take a nap, walk around with bare feet or just sit and watch the beauty unfold. We finally reach our camp and relax for the night.
Sundarsar to Marsar (11,000 ft) and back to Sonmasti (13,750 ft) ( 7.5 km, 6 hours). Today we will take about an hour to eventually reach the ridge from where we will see the Marsar Lake. This view will make you wonder how beautiful the ways of God are. This lake down below is created with the gentle hands of the Mother Nature, cut off from the world, resting in peace and quiet. The mesmerizing view will make you wait here for ever, but alas, we have to move on and get back to our campsite for the night. We ascend to Sonmasti, one of the most beautiful campsites on the trail.
Sonmasti to Sumbal. Drive to Srinagar and reach by 5 pm. The last day is a long decent to Sumbal and drive back to Srinagar. We will cross the Sonmasti River and descend into the forest of pine, oak and maple. You’ll pass through grazing meadows and another forest until we will descend into the sleepy village of Sumbal full of apple orchards. Our trek ends here and we drive back to Srinagar for a good rest.
- Day 7:
Depart from Srinagar
1. Stay: Stay at Srinagar on the last day of the trek is not included in the trek fee.
2. Transport: Transport from Srinagar to Aru and return from Sumbal to Srinagar can be arranged by us at an extra cost. Transport is arranged in Sumo kind of vehicles. A vehicle carries 5-7 people. Sometimes the number of people in a vehicle can be even 4 or 8. Participants are expected to share the cost likewise. The amount is to be paid directly to our transporter. No service tax is applicable on transport cost. Roads & Journeys only arranges the vehicle pick up and is not responsible for any issues during transport.
3. Pick-up: Participants are picked up from the Toursit Reception Center(TRC). Pickups from the TRC start from 2.00 pm. Most participants opt for the Roads & Journeys pick up and we assume the same in your case. In case you do not want the Roads & Journeys pick up you will have to make your own travel arrangements.