Druk Path Trek is one of the most popular treks in Bhutan. It is a short and scenic trek with some great views and beautiful lakes en route. Although it leads up to altitudes above 4,000m it is not too strenuous as walking distances between the camps are not too long. Besides the lakes, it is the Phadjoding monastery that is one of the highlights of this trek.
- Paro to Paro Airport
- Duration: 8 Days 7 Nights
- Dates are Flexible as per group or Individuals preference
- or 7th to 14th April
- or 9th to 16th November
- Day time: 10°C to 15°C
- Morning/night: -5°C to 5°C
Max. Elevation: 4,200m
Highest Camp: 4,110m
Standard: Easy to medium
Best Seasons: March to June & September to November
Start: National Museum in Paro
Finish: Mothitang (Thimphu)
- Beautiful Lakes
- Phajoding Monastery
- Tiger’s Nest
Day 1: Arrive Paro. If the weather is clear you can have a glimpse of Kangchenjunga, Mt Everest and Chomolhari, Bhutan’s sacred mountain. Once you land please proceed to VISA counter to complete your formalities.
Your guide will meet you outside the terminal and you will proceed to your hotel. If you have the time after tea/coffee, your guide will take you for some sightseeing.
Terms & Conditions
1. Stay: Stay at Thimphu on the last day of the trek is included in the trek fee.
2. Transport: Transport from Thimpu to Paro is arranged by us at no extra cost. Transport is arranged in Sumo kind of vehicles. A vehicle carries 5-7 people. Sometimes the number of people in a vehicle can be even 4 or 8. cost. Roads & Journeys only arranges the vehicle pick up and is not responsible for any issues during transport.
3. Pick-up: Participants are picked up from the Hotel in Thimphu. Most participants opt for the Roads & Journeys pick up and we assume the same in your case. In case you do not want the Roads & Journeys pick up you will have to make your own travel arrangements.